The Ausline Cattle breed is based on Heritage Angus Genetics, the original Aberdeen Angus, making them Perfect Primary Producers.
These genetics can be used in a whole range of breeding programs, providing not only diversity but hybrid vigour, and as such, while still moderate in frame size, they are excellent beef producers with all the qualities that Angus genetics are known for.
The Ausline Cattle Association supports this distinctively different breed by:
- Having a percentage, purebred Ausline and an Ausline register
- Upgrading to purebred status is encouraged
- Purebred Auslines and Auslines can both be shown together
- White purebred Ausline cattle can be shown together with red and black Auslines
- Ausline progeny from Heritage Angus Genetics are known as Auslines
- All coloured cattle can be accepted into the register as a base for breeding up
- There is a height limit of 130cm for the show ring only
- All animals in both registers are DNA typed for parent verification and integrity
- Having reciprocal rights with American Aberdeen Assoc and Canadian Lowline Assoc
- Our fees and admin costs are low in comparison to other breed registrars
- Running annual on farm competitions, high point achiever awards, members
- information and social events and supporting representation at Cattle industry Field Days.
An Ausline herd is maintained with DNA parent verification that is required to ensure the purity of the herd. All Ausline animals can trace their parentage to Heritage Angus genetics. Heritage Angus includes the Trangie and Glen Innes Angus herds which incorporated both the original Aberdeen Angus and Canadian Angus genetics first imported in the 1920’s. Pure Aberdeen Angus herds from other countries are also part of the Heritage Angus Resource Register.
Learn more about Ausline at the 2021 Farm Fantastic Expo by visiting their site CP815 in the Cattle Pavilion.